1) Unit One studies the benefits of meditation
2) Unit Two looks at the scientific evidence to support the benefits of a daily meditation practice, and students are asked to give a short talk on the benefits of meditation
3) Unit Three looks at types and techniques of meditation including mindfulness
4) Unit Four asks students to demonstrate their ability to lead a meditation session
5) Unit Five looks at how you can develop your meditation business
The course is comprehensive looking at all aspects of teaching meditation. We discuss what meditation is and isn’t, then study the benefits of meditation to you and in general. We look at 10 different types and techniques of meditation. We look at the scientific evidence that support the many benefits of a daily meditation practice.
We ask you to do two presentations in the second part of the course. A short talk on a benefit of meditation and to deliver a short meditation script that you have written.
In unit Five we look in detail at how you would go about setting up your meditation business. This is a very important part of our course and one which students have found extremely useful when starting their businesses.
You will be expected to complete about 50 hours of written work as well. This will consist of completing worksheets, writing essays and putting together a business plan. The course is comprehensive and looks at all areas of meditation teaching.
The course is taught in two parts, Units 1,2 and 3 in the first part; units 4 and 5 in the second part. Assignments are set for you to complete before the second part of training. You will be asked to prepare and deliver a short script on a benefit of meditation, and a short meditation.