Meditation Teacher Training in the North West
Your Trainer: Simon Fry BSc (Hons), DipBSoM
Email Simon: Simon@Teaching-Meditation.co.uk
- British School of Meditation Teacher Trainer - accredited by the Open College Network N.W. Region Ltd, trading as Ascentis.
- British School of Meditation Teacher - accredited by the Open College Network South West Region Ltd, trading as Ascentis.
- British School of Meditation Accredited Member and signed up to their code of practice and ethics.
- Daily meditation practice for over ten years.
- Mental Health First Aider (MHFA England).
- Small Business Owner Experience.
- Director of a Community Interest Company experience.
- Favourite meditation - Mantra.
- Great love of nature and our green spaces.
Before discovering Meditation in 2006, Simon had a successful career in the environmental sector; he has lived and worked in some 'amazing places'. Although he was outwardly successful, he struggled inwardly with anxiety, mood swings and stress. He embarked on a journey in 2006 to study stress management techniques, a close friend suggested meditation. Unsure at first, he soon however began to feel the many benefits meditation can bring to life. Simon now meditates at least once a day and uses mindfulness techniques throughout his day as well. Through his daily meditation practice Simon has become more aware and clear of what he wants and is able to "bounce back" quicker from life's little knocks. He also finds that it helps him understand and reduce his mind chatter, enabling him to be more relaxed, calmer and enjoy NOW, worrying less about the past and future. He is a passionate believer in the scientific benefits of meditation and how it can really help people.
Simon, at the request of friends and family, started to share his meditation experience with them. It was then a natural step to move on and share his experience and skills with others. In 2013 Simon became a qualified Meditation Teacher through the British School of Meditation, which is accredited by Ascentis and recognised by Ofqual. He is fully insured and signs up to the British School of Meditation code of ethics and practice. After passing the course with Distinction he set up his own business - MindfulChimp.com and successfully runs regular meditation courses, retreats, drop in practice sessions, and 1-2-1 tuition. Simon was invited to train as a trainer with the British School of Meditation and is proud to run the Meditation Teacher Training North West Region and West Yorkshire Region.
Contact Simon with your questions or to organise an informal interview on